Sunday, January 4, 2015

"Air Traffic, 1986"...


Wow. Almost 30 years ago I composed and photographed this scene of air traffic at DFW International Airport. It's the only frame I took of this scene. That's how confident I was with the result. This was shot on Kodachrome 25 slide film (my favorite), and I knew it like the back of my hand - enough to exactly predict what the exposure and aperture should be on this night scene. Night scenes are tough because of the 'light noise', which you can see floating above the more populated areas. I shot other downtown scenes, but this was my favorite of DFW traffic.

DFW Airport traffic, Dallas, Texas. January, 1986. Kodachrome 25.
(c) Kelly Shipp Photography.

2 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

This is really fantastic, Kelly!

Kelly Shipp said...

Thanks Lisa