Sunday, December 15, 2013

"The Passage of Time"


Another from my series: the more you look, the more you see. There's much to say about this photograph, yet it's theme is simplistic. I've wanted to photograph this specific tree for a long time and hadn't been satisfied with my results. On this morning, everything seemed to come together. I like the supporting composition of the natural fence posts supporting the barbed wire fence. The lone tree with the tractor and hay rake could easily have their own stories to tell. Notice the rising fog beyond the hill, rising as the sun warms the earth. You may also notice the jet contrails above the tree. Comments welcomed.

Location: Hope, Arkansas.
Photo # IM3_5292abw.

2 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

What a beautiful composition this is.
I love the simplicity, and the shape of that beautiful tree.

Kelly Shipp said...

Thanks Lisa!